We are overwhelmed to announce that a whopping £70,000 was raised at Truck Festival 2018! We work with the local community each year to raise vital funds that go back into helping charities in the Oxfordshire region as well as nationwide.
Much of the cash raised this year came through the sale of food and drink in our Feel Good Food Tent, which is run entirely by volunteers. There was also a significant amount of money raised by donations from attendees via guest list and ticket sales.
We have a long history of providing space for charities and we have now surpassed the £250,000 mark raised in the past five years. Money has gone to a wealth of organisations including The Batemans Trust, Blue Skye Thinking, Downs Syndrome Association, The Lewy Body Society, The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Didcot, Farringdon and Witney Rotary Club branches, Royal Welsh Guards Charity, St Michaels and All Angels Church in Steventon.
Speaking about the successes of this year, farmer Richard Binning stated:-
“The charity food hall, staffed by volunteers, raised more than £60,000 for Parkinsons UK, Teenage Mental Health and Wiltshire Air Ambulance. In addition, Truck Festival has donated to various charities, including Steventon Church Bell Fund, Steventon Darby and Joan Club, Riding for the Disabled and the Farming Community Network”
“The fundraising which is made possible by Truck is one of the things we most value about the festival, and we hope that it is pleasing not only to the charities but to our local neighbours.”
A huge well done to all those involved and huge thank you to you lovely Truckers indulging in that incredible Mac n Cheese and Steak Sandwiches. Same time next year?
Truck HQ x
Full list and some more information about the charities helped by this years event below:
- The Batemans Trust – www.batemans.org.uk/
- Blue Skye Thinking – www.blueskyethinking.org/
- Downs Syndrome Association – www.downs-syndrome.org.uk/
- The Lewy Body Society – www.lewybody.org/
- Parkinsons – www.parkinsons.org.uk/
- RABI – The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution – rabi.org.uk/
- Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) – www.rmhc.org.uk/
- Rotary Club – Didcot and Witney groups – www.rotary.org/
- Royal Welsh Guards – www.welshguardscharity.co.uk/
- St Richards Hospice – www.strichards.org.uk/
- Steventon Toddlers and Pre School
- St Blaise Community project – www.stblaise.org.uk/space
- St Michaels and All Angels Church in Steventon
- Teenage Mental Health
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance – www.wiltshireairambulance.co.uk/