Away from the music Truck Festival and the Binning family who farm the land, have a long standing history of Charity work with the local community and beyond. Even from our first event back in 1998, all profit from our £3 ticket price was split between Amnesty International and Helen & Douglas House.
Didcot Rotary Club
From the first festival Alan Binning and his friends from Didcot Rotary have provided food whilst raising money for good causes. As the festival has grown and to provide variety for festival goers there is now a range of food provided.
The Charity food stalls are now located in the Feel Good Food Tent – the big tent located next to the Barn Stage!
All the food stalls in the tent are served and prepared by lovely volunteers and provide a delicious mix of:
- Fruits and Smoothies
- Mac ‘n’ Cheese (trust us, it’s incredible)
- Locally sourced Steak Sandwiches
- Sweets and Ice Cream
- Stone Baked Pizza
- Breakfast goodies
And much more.
All proceeds from the Feel Good Food Tent go to Charities and local community groups. Including:
- Teenage Mental Health Leading the fight for a future where all young minds are supported and empowered, whatever the challenges. There to make sure teenagers get the best possible mental health support and have the resilience to overcome life’s difficulties.
- RABI The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution is a welfare charity which changes lives for the better. They offer financial support to farming people in hardship of all ages.
- Blue Skye Thinking Supports research into the treatment of childhood brain tumours, striving to give all children diagnosed, a better chance of survival and improved quality of life during and post treatment. Run by volunteers, money donated goes directly to the forefront of research and wellbeing projects.
- Batemans The Batemans Trust is a successful UK charity working with its partner, the Satkaarya Trust in India, to deliver education, secure accommodation and welfare to disadvantaged children in Chennai, India.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) provides free ‘home away from home’ accommodation for families with children in hospital.
- The Lewy body society The only charity in Europe exclusively concerned with dementia with Lewy bodies. The charity’s mission is to raise awareness of DLB for the general public and educate
- Parkinsons They’re on a mission to change attitudes, support one another and find a cure for Parkinsons.
- Downs Syndrome Association
- Royal Welsh Guards
- St Richards Hospice
- Rotary – Didcot and Witney groups
- Steventon Toddlers and Pre School
- St Michaels and All Angels Church in Steventon
- St Blaise Community project
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- Didcot, Faringdon and Witney Rotary
- Steventon and Milton Church
- Scouts and Guides Associations
- Local Schools and Playgroups
- Didcot Train Youth Project
- DAMASCUS Youth Project
- Life Education Centres
- Citizens’ Advice Bureau
- All Saints’ Youth & Community Hall
- Helen & Douglas House Hospice
- Home-Farm Trust
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- Brain Tumour Research Campaign
- Welsh Guards Appeal
- Seesaw (grief support for children and young people in Oxfordshire)
We hope you will take the chance to eat well and support great causes!